My children were toddlers, and it was late afternoon. You know, the time of day just before what some people call the “arsenic hours” – when you want to take it or give it!
A brilliant (or so I thought) idea came to me ~ Let’s play beauty shop!
Of course, I was their client readily accepting any hair style they wanted to design as long as it involved a l-o-n-g head massage and lots of stroking of the hair.
Dozing off into oblivion as the children gleefully enjoyed their new occupation and freedoms, I was suddenly shocked back to reality when I felt the snip of misplaced hair and heard one say to the other, “Don’t worry, I just took care of that!”
Yes, oh yes, my daughter had actually given me a new doo! Oh my – couldn’t she have just left that piece alone? What good was it to just cut it off because it didn’t seem to fit or make sense?
When we come to the Word of God, there are times when a mystery may stand out like a misplaced piece of hair or thread in a tapestry of design.
Remember the old-fashioned woven potholders? You may have enjoyed the weaving process, but for some it might have been very tedious. The loops popped off of the frame while some colored threads stood out from the other blends. Finally, the yarn was carefully woven into a beautiful design only later to discover that a frayed piece had erupted. Overall, however, the masterpiece was one you came to cherish and love.
The mysteries of God are the same. Just because we don’t understand them all (isn’t that what makes them beautifully mysterious?), we can trust God for His perfect plan and design. Each strand in life and in His Word is “For our good and His glory”!
"Let a man regard us in this manner,
as servants of Christ
and stewards of the mysteries of God."
I Corinthians 4:1
No comments:
Post a Comment