Verse for the day

August 13, 2009

History repeats itself for the Apon Family - God has provided again!

God still provides….
As we resume hodpodging with the new “AponHodgepodge” we start again where we started originally TEN YEARS AGO…Asking God to meet our needs (big, little, natural, supernatural) – and continuing to experience God in action doing what He does best….being God!
Below is one of our original entrees as we attempted to take baby steps in our new life together:
November 8, 1999 (6 months after Bobby’s death)
God Has Provided A Lamb . . . An Arc . . . A VAN! And the color is RED just like the doctor ordered! Thank you for praying for me over the specific prayer requests and needs. God has been faithful to work “exceeding abundantly” because of your prayers!
When I wrote that last “woe is me” letter – I really felt the Lord encourage me to share specifics. I am always very hesitant to do so because I want to see God work in ways that He can work without my input and help. My intent for the letter was ONLY to share different needs and seek wisdom in the decisions I needed to make. I knew that in sharing the struggle with the oven, I was safe because that inconvenience had been corrected. I also knew that my vacuum cleaner was up and running again as well. Sooooo the “biggie” I felt safe to share, without feeling that I was requesting tangible help, since it was just that “a biggie”--- a God-sized need awaiting a God-sized miracle.
God was God again in our lives. He has reached out to meet a specific need no matter how big or how small. He has covered the bases for us from organization to a mode of transportation! I got a call yesterday morning from someone sharing that someone else, who desired to remain anonymous, wanted to provide the money for a new van!
What a humbling phone call. Even though I knew in my heart that God was going to provide, it was still quite overwhelming to see that miracle come to pass. Immediately I began to make phone calls to order the van of my choice. As I shared before, this was not as easy as it would seem. I was caught in the whirlpool of decisions, once again, waiting for God to put it all together. He did just that. God has brought along a new (to us) 1999 fifteen passenger van and would you believe……it will be the SAME EXACT price as the gift given!!!
And My God shall supply all your needs according to
HIS riches in glory in Christ Jesus! Philippians 4:19
Side Note: We received a prophecy March 22, 1998 stating that God was going to allow us to receive a new “state of the art” van! Prophecy fulfilled November 1999.
August 2009
One of the best parts about the summer is having the freedom to read books of our choice. This summer we chose to read as a family the biography of George Mueller. Mid-way through the book, we were touched by his faith in the Lord. One morning after reading the chapter for the day, I stopped to challenge our family to George Mueller living. We have needs (we all do) that only God can meet! I listed some of those needs to the children highlighting one specific God-sized need…a replacement for our ten-year-old fifteen passenger van with 208,000 miles on it. That van has been a GREAT BLESSING to our family and has served us well over this past decade, however, something smaller with fewer miles and better gas mileage would be a need by the next year. I knew that only God could provide as He did before. We stopped and prayed individually and specifically together asking God to meet this need.
THREE DAYS LATER – just THREE DAYS LATER - the phone rang. On the other end was a long-distance friend whom I really have had little contact with over the last few years. Prefacing the conversation with “God has been doing a great work in my heart as it relates to material things in this world” continuing on to the bottom line of the call – “this may be something you cannot receive, BUT – believe it or not God has asked me to BUY YOU A REPLACEMENT VEHICLE for your fifteen passenger van.”
The dot of our prayer was connected to its answer through this friend’s kind, generous, obedient-to-the-Lord offer. You can imagine my response (or maybe you can’t), without hesitation I replied, “Oh yes, we can receive this answer to our specific prayers and you may buy us that van!”
Of course, as soon as I hung up the phone, the enemy began to perform his specialty – lying in order to steal our joy…. “Are you really going to LET someone buy you a van?!” “Are you SURE there is nothing you should do – you don’t deserve such a gift!” “How will you ever repay your friend?”
It didn’t talk long for me to discern the voice of the father of lies and CHOOSE to receive the gift!
“…and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.” Acts 2:45
“For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need.” Acts 4:34-35

5 comments:

Michele Helms said...

Yeah! GO GOD!!!!! I am so very excited for you!!!

Scooter220 said...

God is Good - All the Time!
I am proud of you for being in the blog-world and know that He will get the glory whether it be from a van or from your voice here on the internet. Blessings today.

Pansy said...

Look at all those happy faces!!! I am sooo happy for you! Here He goes again..

JH said...

We serve an amazing God. Your life is a living testimony of His grace and provision. Thanks for sharing such an encouraging story.

Brittany said...

What a blessing and a God thing! He is so faithful to take such care of His children. Praise the Lord! Also thank you for following my blog. :)