Verse for the day

October 2, 2009

Why Will and I decided not to Kiss - by Jamie Goodwin

When we first started dating we did kiss, however we both saw it heading in a direction that was not healthy and God-honoring for our relationship. So, when Will went off to college, he called me one night and told me that God told him we weren't supposed to kiss until our wedding day. Ultimately, HE was the one to listen to God and have the foresight to put boundaries in our relationship.

At first, I did not agree, but he told me to pray about it and let him know what God was telling me. I then read a verse in the Old Testament and it was clear to me that was what we were supposed to do. It was VERY difficult, and to be honest there were instances where we would not kiss but we got a little too close. So, just because you are not kissing doesn't mean Satan won't use other means to tempt you in a relationship. We dated for almost five years and it was hard especially when we both knew God gave us to each other and we would be married.

My advice would be to make a "physical commitment" not just a "kissing commitment." I know it's hard especially when you're in love, but it is so worth it to wait for those special moments when you are married.

No comments: