If we had it to do all over again-
would I change anything? From the "Guy's Bride"
Yes and No.
This is such a hard topic and trust me- I wish there was one right or wrong answer that applied to everyone. If only it were that simple. A good friend once told me "Satan will do everything he can to get you to have sex before marriage, and everything to keep you from it after you're married". That is so true! Satan is crafty and he knows that our flesh is our weakest spot.
I would not change our desire to wait to kiss, that was a huge part of who we were as a couple and is something that I am very proud of. I would change how we spent alone time together though. Although we tried very hard to be aware of alone time and spend time with other people, we would often find ourselves alone in my apartment. Dangerous! I would get our families more involved in our physical goals and ask them to keep us accountable.
I would also not want to wait until my actual wedding day to kiss. I would want our first kiss to be the night before the wedding. I feel like our first kiss - all of the emotion and butterflies and slow motion of it all - was overshadowed by the fact that many people were watching. It was fast and exciting and funny, but it was not necessarily romantic. We kissed a lot that day, as I can see when I look back at our photos, but that first kiss was almost a blur. I would want to have that slow motion experience of the first kiss all quiet and romantic and just like a movie. It is a beautiful and sweet moment that should be enjoyed, not made a production of.
If the engaged couple make plans to kiss the night before their wedding they should have a few select people know where they are and what they are doing as so the night won't slip away from them. If they share that kiss early in the week....they will want to kiss every time they see each other which could be dangerous. If they do it the night before, they have only one night to wait.
PRAY and seek the Lord on this topic - He will lead and guide you and cares about the decisions you make!
Verse for the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your post! Keep them coming ;)
Post a Comment