May 15-21, 1988
We finished our last Lamaze class. I failed to mention my very first experience in this class . . .
We went with friends – a double date night. I was excited about the class, but didn’t give much thought to exactly what it would cover. Once we arrived and had a seat, videos began to play to get us excited about the miracle of giving birth. Oh my ~ this was all without warning which may have been a good thing; however, the room began to spin. Now I know why I had always said I would adopt. I couldn’t imagine having to physically give birth. Not only was that process a difficult one to fathom, having it all take place in a hospital made it beyond comprehension. I have never been able to handle the sights and smells of the hospital environment.
I was ushered to the back of the room. With head forced between my knees I prayed. He would have to be with me on this journey because there was no turning back now. Of course things moved on past that point and I anticipated your birth-day with great joy. I did eventually find a way to avoid the hospital altogether when I discovered that I could deliver my babies at home.
* * * * *
I haven’t been practicing my breathing techniques as I should, but have been walking two miles a day which I’ve heard is supposed to be very helpful. Your Grandma and Papa came for a visit. Grandma took me shopping to buy pretty gowns to wear in the hospital. Hmmm ~ I guess modest will go out the window with this experience as well.You have been moving a lot more. The other night you kept putting your foot up against my stomach and we could see it and almost grab it. From what we could tell, it is quite long~seems like you were pushing your fists out too. We thought we could feel your little knuckles. We are so anxious to see what you look like. I love you little one.
The Lord will protect you from all evil. He will guard your soul.” Psalm 121:7
No comments:
Post a Comment