I believe “The Lord wills” for me to lead my children in surrendering to take a mission trip as a family. It is time, while in the process of seeking God’s will, to include YOU! Therefore, I’m doing it – I am actually sending out TWO requests for support along with our Christmas card ~ oh how we should never say never!
You might ask, “How did this vision come about?” Transparently, it certainly was not my idea. I am a home-body perfectly content to remain where planted and bloom there. However, sometimes the seeds must planted and then pollinate in other places. God’s direction for this trip actually began two years ago when I was asked to help put together a VBS curriculum for the orphans in Romania. “Oh yes, I could do this!” was my immediate, excited response. My experience in raising the fatherless fueled a passion to introduce others to God as Father.
During that writing season, I was asked to consider going with them. “Oh no, that would not be for me!” I confidently replied, thinking “That would not be for me . . . ever! I could NOT do that!” Last year, the study was used again in Romania teaching the fatherless that “He knows my name.” It was exciting to be part of this mission work from AFAR.
God patiently works. During the summer a friend came over to help me establish a blog. She was happy to serve. While she was there she mentioned a book that had caused her to think in a new way. The conversation sparked my interest and, thanks to amazon.com, in just two days I had a copy of the book, Radical by David Platt, in my hands. By the end of the next week, I had finished the book – it grabbed my attention and my heart. God used it to declare His will. The challenge of the book really was not new or far-fetched, but it helped me to realize that I had never seen the whole world as God sees it AND it was time to broaden my perspective. I asked the Lord then to send us on a mission trip that was different from any we had experienced.
Fall came and a little ten-year-old friend handed me a letter expressing her birthday wish. In her note she shared that she was willing to give up her birthday for God’s purposes. She went on to share that she wanted her present to be food for the gypsy village in Romania. This was used of the Lord to continue to prepare ME for obeying God’s call for our family.
Over the next few weeks I felt led to step out in faith and GO to the orphans and this gypsy village . . . “The vision is yet for the appointed time.” I want to be used of the Lord in hard places. God has fathered my children and is my Husband. I want to testify of His faithfulness beyond the small boundaries of my home and city. Romania is the place, and God has gone before us to knit our hearts before ever taking us there. This will be a time for the orphans to leave the orphanage and spend a week at camp. They will have fun, be loved on, and learn about the hope that is theirs and how God is their EVERYTHING! Without making any kind of plea for support, God brought families to our side with the desire to financially give to us monthly! WOW . . . we have never asked for or received continuous monthly support, so we took this as confirmation that God was going to provide.
The process is just as important as His plan!
SO – here I am facing my own 50th birthday celebration and I want to give my birthday to the Lord as well. I’m inviting you to the party! Please ask the Lord if He would have you to join in. You can send a private message if your would like to support this mission endeavor.May the Lord bless you as you consider this invitation, Lori Apon

No comments:
Post a Comment