Verse for the day

December 31, 2010

Mom’s Pregnancy Journal ~ Abigail Week 30


Abi and Nick -
It was so fun to have you with us for Christmas!  Next year, Lord willing, you will have precious Adrian in your arms.

It's fun paralleling our pregnancies together as my journal unfolds.  We both had our first baby showers during the 30th week!  It was so exciting.  I appreciate all of the friends who made it a priority to come and bless you the night before Christmas Eve! 


It was a blessing to watch your siblings give up their Christmas buddy gift on your behalf!  I must say that I believe they had the greater joy in doing this, but it was so sweet to watch you and Nick as you realized what they had done.  Mr. Adrian will be one well dressed little boy!  We love you!

April 17-23, 1988
Fat is forming under baby’s skin.
He will have that cherub-like appearance at birth.

Wildwood Baptist Church gave us our first baby shower! We received many sleepers, towels, etc. Grammy gave us a cute laundry hamper to match your room and my Aunt gave us a cute bassinet basket. About twenty friends came to the shower.

It was fun re-gifting the little boy bathing suit that we received from the Quintin family at your shower.  It was so much fun receiving twin gifts from twins for the twins I never had!  Oh well - trying for twins was fun and allowed for "octuplets" instead (eight precious Apon's)!

Monday I had another visit to the doctor. He did a sonogram. We couldn’t recognize much except your heart. It is beating good and strong. I have gained a total of thirteen pounds. Everything seems to be on schedule so now we just have to wait.

Grammy and I worked very hard on the nursery accessories. We made a balloon valance for the window, dust rubble, bumper pads and a table cloth for the little table. I still have must to do, but we made a big dent in it. I am trying to keep the room very balanced (boy or girl) since we don’t know what you will be.

We have settled on names . . . you will be called Abigail (Abi) Lauryn if you are a girl and Robert Brandon if you are a boy. It is getting more difficult for us to wait until July 4th!

“And just as we have borne the image of the earthly,
We shall also bear the image of the heavenly.”
I Corinthians 15:49

No comments: