Verse for the day

February 9, 2010

Follow God’s Lead – The Hidden Rainbow

I met with a friend. We enjoyed “weather talk” for the first part of our lunch, but then I asked a question hoping to move the conversation to a deeper level. Immediately, walls went up taking us back to surface level. God soon intervened and directed the sharing of our hearts to a place of transparency. Friends are a gift of the Lord!

Later that week, I felt a prompt from the Lord to go buy a card just for my friend. I wanted to encourage her with the reminder of how God has used rainbows over and over again as a physical encouragement in her life! I knew I needed to buy a card about rainbows --- and lo and behold, the perfect card stood at attention in the stand. With note enclosed to remind her that even in this very dark season there is a rainbow she may not be able to see, the card was mailed.

God used the timing of that specific card
He led me to buy and mail . . .

Hey sweet Lori-I wanted to share this story with you:                                                                              
I just went up to the lake to hike for a bit and had some wonderful time with the Lord....
He orchestrated the scenery, quietness, and weather just beautifully for this special time!
Well just as I got up from my sweet secluded spot to head back, I looked up at the rapid moving clouds (that I had been enjoying) and there literally on the "tail of a cloud" rode a rainbow....it moved with the cloud the whole time....It was amazing!!!
Instantly the Lord reminded me that even in the "clouds" His promises are sure....and what a most unique, sweet place to see that reminder!  It was such a sweet time coupled with what He has been revealing to me over the last few days. I am feeling so very refreshed.....
And to top off His Gracious demonstration of love, I get home and have a card from you stating . . .

"....I marvel at the way God has brought rainbows in your life over and over again. Sometimes we can’t see the rainbows as clearly as others. The cloud is big and dark right now, but I am confident that God can see the rainbow..."
Well, God opened my eyes to see it with Him today!   
Thanks for surrendering to His desire to use you.

No comments: