Verse for the day

March 11, 2011

Mom’s Pregnancy Journal ~ Kayla Week 1-4


It was Christmas Eve and I was given my last present to open . . . from you.  You did well to contain your excitement and joy throughout the evening.  In fact, I'm sure the night must have dragged on.  I had no idea what great joy would be inside of this wrapped package.  You and Ben watched with anticipation as I slowly untied the bow and loosened the paper.  Once the box was open, it took a few minutes for the meaning behind the little UGA baby bulldog bib to register . . . WOW ~ I was going to be a Gramsie twice in one year and YOU are a Mommy! 

"Really . . . are you pregnant?" 
You nodded and gave your cute little smile that said, "Yes".
All eyes were on me. 
All eyes were on you. 
The entire Apon family was present for this exciting announcement.  You had been sick for some time, but not because of a baby.  We knew that you could begin to think about starting a family, but this news was that your family had started!
Congratulations Ben and Kayla!

Now to begin re-living
my pregnancy with you . . .
July 6, 1989
We believe you were conceived on June 20 or 22nd, 1989. Your Daddy and I had been wanting to get pregnant for three months. God began to show us that we need to trust Him n the area of children ~ how many and how close they should be in age. We began to get excited about the thought of being blessed with another child. However, because of Daddy’s busy schedule, we thought it might be a while before we had another baby.

I was surprised and so excited when the pregnancy test showed positive! I went to have a blood test done that morning to be 100% sure. When it came back positive we began to tell everyone the great news!


“Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Thy book they were all written,
The days that were ordained for me,
when as yet there was not one of them."
Psalm 139:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too much time on your hands, Lori