Verse for the day

August 28, 2011

Mom’s Pregnancy Journal ~ Kayla Week 33-38

January 19-25, 1990
We went to see Grandma and Papa for a few days in Albany.  I got sick on Monday and stayed in bed the entire day on Tuesday.  Abigail also got pink eye and started with another cold.
Daddy left town for six days on Thursday so it was a long weekend for us.  I stayed in bed as much as I could.  We went back to the doctor and he put me back on antibiotics (erythromycin).  They said that I better for you than risking my sinus infection going into your body.
Grammy and Granddaddy sent a few presents to you ~ baby bottles, sleepers, and booties.  I’ll need to begin washing everything up and getting it ready for your arrival soon.
Kayla Week 34
January 26-31, 1990
Daddy was gone most of the week and it was rainy weather which made for another long week.  I’m taking a French hand sewing class every week.  I know I won’t have time to learn things like that later.  I enjoy it and can use the skills learned for sewing girl or boy baby clothes.
Dear Kayla -
It is so exciting to anticipate this new season along with you.  I have enjoyed watching baby Levi grow inside of you and in your heart.  God has blessed you with this great gift!  There is nothing like having your own child.  Daddy would say that you have the joy of raising a "man-child"!  It will be exciting.  We pray that God will use this little man to glorify Himself in great ways! 

 Kayla Week 35
February 2-8, 1990
I went back to the doctor and gained one pound.  Your head is still down and in position.  On Monday we took Daddy to the airport for a flight to Miami.  He will be gone with NewSong for one week on a cruise.  Everyone took their families.  I don’t mind staying home.  I missed the trip to Hawaii when I was pregnant with Abigail.  It’s easier to stay home when I’m this far along in the pregnancy.

I’ve had a good week.  I made curtains for Abigail’s room and sewed some spring dresses for her.  I’m also finishing up cross-stitching your birth sampler.  My friend had her second child on Tuesday – a little girl named Sarah.  We walk together every day . . . you’ll get to know her soon. 

 Kayla Week 36
February 9-15,  1990
This week we were busy with doctor visits.  Sunday night I was coughing so much that it caused Braxton Hicks contractions!  I have been loosing a lot of sleep because of it.  I called the doctor on Monday and they wanted me to have chest x-rays so I went for that.  They came back abnormal so I had to see a lung specialist on Tuesday.  He said everything was okay, but I had acute bronchitis.  I started taking another antibiotic – ampicillan.
On Thursday, Abigail had to go back to the ear specialist and he had to unblock her eardrums.  A very painful experience for your sister.  We hope you don’t have to go through what she has with ear infections.  She had 17 ear infections before she was nine months old!  We learned this was all because of milk allergies.
 Kayla Week 37
February 16-22, 1990
On the way home from taking Abigail to the ear doctor, the car was really driving bad.  We decided it was time to stop driving it and begin looking for a new vehicle.  Your Daddy and I have been on a budget system for two years and have been saving to pay cash for a new vehicle.  We spent most of the week looking for something.
We looked at a GMC Safari 1986 model mini van.   It is exactly the price we had saved up!  We will decide if this is what we should buy on Monday.  Looks like we are becoming a true family . . . mini van and all!
I went to the doctor and gained 2 pounds.
Kayla Week 38
February 23-29, 1990
On Friday I was involved in a car accident with our new van!  I was turning left and a truck pulled out in front of me.  Fortunately, we were okay and the police decided the accident was not my fault.  We had to sit for 1 ½ hours in the cold rain before help came.
On Sunday, I fell with Abigail in my arms going to church.  I was carrying too much and slipped on a rolled up piece of carpet.  Abigail hit her head on the concrete and I skinned up both knees and my ankle.
I went back to the doctor today.  You seem to be doing okay after all that and the good news is that progress is being made towards labor!  The doctor said there was significant change so I guess you could come along any time now.  Daddy is home for the next two weeks so it would be great if you came then.  We can’t wait to see you!

No comments: