For twelve years now I’ve been redirecting the focus with my children from their natural daddy to God as Father . . . supernaturally. This theory of redirecting the focus is all good on paper; however I’ve watched over and over again the natural crash with the supernatural. Thankfully, only later to witness a new direction of focus emerge through God’s promise to be a Father to the fatherless. My children welcome this truth and, I trust, they feel called and honored to have Almighty God as their Father.
This does not mean, however, that it is easy when you want Daddy there for your football games whether middle school games or at the college level. It isn’t easy when your friends are pampering for their Daddy-daughter dates and you’re home with God as Father. It isn’t easy when you are anticipating the birth of your very own baby and then hold that precious one in your arms without a granddaddy (your daddy) to introduce him to. Those moments are tender and bring pain even in the GREAT MIDST of knowing and experiencing God as Father!This is how I want to share our mission trip experience with you. I will NEVER be able to share the GREAT THINGS that God has done because I’m not aware of most of them – they are not visible and are supernatural.
They are eternal.
They are, hopefully, deep within the hearts of the orphans and deep within our own hearts.
I just trust IN FAITH that God’s grace was shed on us and that He accomplished the plans He wrote down in our books of life before time began. I believe He will use this trip in our own lives in many ways that we are not even aware of at this point. I trust that it will be for our good and His glory.
1 comment:
Lori,
You wrote this so beautifully! There is such an anointing on your life for these days/years leading up to Christ's return. While you were in Romania I felt so strongly that the Lord was preparing all of you for your individual callings--
that He was imparting something special to each one of you. I look forward to the amazing things that will come forth as a result of your trip. I know it will be grand!
The Lord is amazing in the way He works, isn't He?!
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment