Verse for the day

June 27, 2011

Mom’s Pregnancy Journal ~ Kayla Week 29-30

December 22-28, 1989
Everyone arrived by noon on Friday.  I fixed a big lunch and ham dinner that night.  Saturday we spent the day wrapping gifts.  I stayed in with Abigail because it was so cold ~ the highs were in the teens and on Sunday the temperature was zero degrees.

We went to First Baptist Church of Atlanta together on Sunday morning then out to lunch.  I made a birthday cake for Jesus . . . a new tradition.  Daddy read the Christmas story and we opened some of our gifts.
Christmas day was good however, I was so tired by that point.  Abigail was sick and slept most of the day.  The Apons came up that night and everyone left the next day.  We took down all of the Christmas decorations and took Abigail to the doctor.  Wednesday, Daddy was sick and had to leave out of town that night.  I began to feel sick on Thursday.  Perhaps this is our signal to slow down and rest!
Kayla Week 30
December 29 – January 4, 1990
By Friday I was very sick.  Abigail was so sick that all she wanted to do was lay around.  We both stayed in our nightgowns through Sunday.  Daddy stopped in Sunday morning for a few hours which helped a little. 
I went to the doctor on Friday when I took Abigail and they prescribed an antibiotic for me.  I hated to take medicine, but they assured me that it wouldn’t hurt you.  I began to feel positive results on Monday.
Daddy was home New Year’s Day.  We just relaxed.  I fixed pigeon peas (a family tradition passed down from Great Grandmother) and rice with chicken and homemade biscuits for dinner.  Friends came over to visit afterwards.

We put your sister in her new room and big girl bed for the first time.  We hope she will adjust easily to her new room.






No comments: