We are less than two months
away from take off!
We began this journey almost one year ago when the Lord put in my heart the desire to follow Him in obedience by going and experiencing a mission trip like no other with my family. I really felt God was going to send us to a dangerous spot on the globe . . . I was willing. I truly wanted to have the opportunity to share the Gospel with those who had never ever heard it before . . . I was willing. Within weeks of my heart surrender, I felt directed to Romania. I don’t think this mission will be dangerous, and I do believe these people have heard the Gospel many times.
So now I remain surrendered
trusting that God has a purpose and plan
for us with these precious orphans.
When Ceausescu was the leader of the country many children were left alone causing them to have to go to an orphanage. Today there are approximately one hundred thousand children living in Romanian institutions. It was suggested that we might come home with an orphan or two J; however, adoptions were halted on June 21, 2001, and the new adoption law of 2004 declared that the orphans could only be adopted by grandparents and siblings. In Oradea, where we will serve, there are over 100 orphans living in a prison-like building. The prisons we see in our country, however, look like an architectural jewel in comparison. Their home is concrete, bland, and dark. There are bars on all of the windows with overgrown grass and weeds to look out on. A ten foot barbed wire fence wraps around the property with a guard on duty day and night. The children describe it as hell. This is where the Romanian orphans live dreaming and hoping for a better tomorrow. They are afraid and hunger for someone to love them. This is the exciting part ~ I feel sure that through Christ we will be able to love on these orphans encouraging them with His love. God continues to pull my heart towards little ones!
Our time of preparation, at times, has been slow and at times discouraging. Hopefully, this is a good sign J. THANK YOU for being part of OUR TEAM! Watching GOD bring in the support has been a growing experience in itself! We are thrilled to announce that God had met our personal goal of $16,800! We are overwhelmed, grateful, and blessed by the grace of God in our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment