Verse for the day

September 21, 2010

Enjoy Your Treasure

Food-to-Go
A Summary of Daybreak Sunday School
Ephesians 1:15-23

Morning had barely dawned as I heard my son’s bedroom door open and then the front door close. “Where was he going so early?” Since it was Christmas, I knew not to ask. Soon, with my son’s voice leading the chorus, the family broke into traditional carol launching our celebration of Jesus’ birthday. Smiling from ear to ear, he proudly presented his gift to me . . . my favorite drink from Starbucks (piping hot Chai, non-fat, with no foam) in a new travel mug! WOW, talk about thoughtfulness and a great treasure! I was impressed and blessed for many reasons.


While this may have been a spur-of-the-moment idea, I will always treasure his consideration as much as the gift. In fact, honestly, the gift was less than a treasure during the first few weeks and months. Every time I filled the cup to the brim and took the first sip, the sip would overtake me! Steaming hot tea dribbled from the safety top down my chin, onto my neck, saturating my clothes ~ so much for looking cool, like the other moms walking around with their cup in hand, as my son had envisioned. Without complaint, I tucked the mug away with hopes for a better experience the following day. Before long, I surrendered and allowed the mug to declare victory. This defeat really made me sad because I knew a specially designed cup should work to perfection. I had a treasure I could not enjoy.

Practice makes perfect, so within weeks I took it out and tried again. After a trip to Starbucks for travel mug usage lessons, I learned the secret to taking a drink without taking a bath in hot tea! Enlightenment on the design of the lid made all the difference allowing me to experience the treasure that was already mine!


What would happen if we really – REALLY were enlightened with knowledge of the hope of His calling? Faith may truly abound giving us access to the power within this treasure.


Paul was thankful to God for his friends in Ephesus and for the faith they had displayed over and over again. Yet, even though they had great faith in the Lord, Paul prayed specifically for knowledge of the riches of their inheritance – their treasures! Wisdom, revelation, enlightenment, and knowledge of Jesus and the riches of the glory of His inheritance should increase our faith.


The riches we HAVE in Christ comes with great power!
1. With Christ in us we have the same power that raised Jesus from the dead
2. With Christ in us we have the same power that seated Him in the heavenly places at the right hand of God
3. With Christ in us we have the same power that is above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that has been named, not only in this age but also in the one to come
4. With Christ in us we have the same power that has put all things in subjection under His feet
5. With Christ in us we have the same power that makes Jesus head over the church


We must put up our umbrella of faith, abide under it, and walk in the same power of Jesus Christ!
My prayer for you today is that you might enjoy your treasure!
“For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”

No comments: