“All Thy works shall give thanks to Thee, O Lord, and Thy godly ones shall bless Thee.” Psalm 145:10
Abi - You have just finished up your first trimester of pregnancy . . . woo hoo! I doubt that I will ever forget the phone call with you and Nick all giggly on the phone with news to share. Okay - I hate to admit it, but as soon as I heard BOTH voices on the phone, I knew what this call was all about!
The next memorable call will be when you were sobbing on the other end because you just heard the heartbeat of your precious little one! There is nothing like the awesome experience of having your own child grow within you.
I will save the e-mail with the movement of baby showing up on my computer screen and the sound of the fluttering inside your womb! These are exciting and amazing days.
22 years ago I got to experience the joys of pregnancy for the first time as well:
December 20 – January 2, 1988
At this point baby is growing a lot – the weight will double and he/she is close to four inches in length! The stomach is getting ready to work to give nourishment to your body for a lifetime. The vocal chords are getting ready to make sounds even though they will remain silent until birth.
* * * * *
Sunday was another day spent in bed. Mom and Dad came to celebrate Christmas with us. They went on to church and let me rest…I slept all day. Monday I made myself get out and we did our last minute Christmas shopping in the rain and cold. It was a lot of fun since I haven’t been out much this holiday season. That night we went to Steak and Ale for dinner then came home and opened Christmas presents. You received a stuffed animal and a couple of rattles plus a tape of Bible songs that I will begin to play to you now. We left for Albany and stayed there from Wednesday until Saturday – I was sick the entire time. This flu is dragging on! Daddy’s dad (Papa) baked homemade pizzas for the entire family – the smell was so strong that I had to sit outside and eat cornflakes! I was up the entire night with an ear infection and then spent Christmas day in bed…ugh! We enjoyed being with the family. Even though I was sick, there were lots of people to take care of me.
Mommy continues to be very sick. We drove back from Albany. On Saturday my ear was hurting so bad that we went to an emergency medical clinic to seek help . . . they would not prescribe anything because I was pregnant – everyone wants to protect you and I’d rather hurt a little longer than to jeopardize your health. Sunday I stayed in bed. On Monday I called my doctor first thing and went in for a check-up. I had lost some weight which was not a surprise . . . my appetite is not what it needs to be. I was given some penicillin and ear-drops and went home to jump back in bed. I stayed in bed until Wednesday.
The exciting news is that Mommy and Daddy got to hear your heartbeat for the first time. The doctor says you are a little girl – I don’t know how he can tell so soon. It doesn’t matter to us what you are . . . we are just anxious for you to “come to see us!”
“Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bore thee shall rejoice.” Proverbs 24:25


No comments:
Post a Comment