Verse for the day

September 29, 2010

Mom's Pregnancy Journal ~ Abigail Week 17

January 17-23, 1988
I love you Nick and Abi!  I am so excited that God has chosen you to experience LIFE in this new way. 
At this point in the pregnancy you may feel baby move! This feeling has a name – it is called “quickening”. It feels like the little flutter of a butterfly inside your tummy. It is very exciting and confirms the sign of life even more. As the weeks pass by, these flutters will turn into kicks. 

“Turn away my eyes from seeing what is vain
And quicken Thou me in my ways.”
Psalm 119:37
* * * * *
Daddy was gone most of this week so I spent my time organizing old pictures, sewing, and cross-stitching. I know that when you arrive my time will be wrapped up in you.  It was exciting to buy my first maternity dress. I don’t need it yet, but I know that one day I will.

I am waiting anxiously to feel you move. Since I am not showing, and you aren’t moving, it will be good to go back to the doctor to make sure you are doing okay.

It has been good to spend time with friends who can answer many of my questions:  Should I nurse or use a bottle, continue teaching Sunday School or devote my ministry to family, etc.  I know that God will answer each question and I am praying for His guidance.

No comments: