Verse for the day

April 6, 2011

Mom’s Pregnancy Journal ~ Kayla Week 11-12

August 18-24, 1989
This week I was busy cleaning and recuperating from vacation.  I wore a fitted dress to church on Sunday and it looked fine.  On Monday however, you were popping out . . . it seems like overnight my stomach grew!  I still don’t need maternity clothes, but I won’t be wearing tight fitting things any more for a while.

I still feel fine – no nausea or tiredness.  This has been an easy pregnancy even with watching and caring for your sister.  Abigail is 14 months old now and still isn’t walking so it is a bit tiring carrying her around with you inside.
Week 12
August 25-31, 1989
I went back to the doctor and gained ½ pound and everything checked out good.  I was able to hear your heart beating for the first time!  It was very strong.  It brought tears to my eyes that God has really put within me another child.  I am praying that you will come to know Jesus at an early age.

We went to North Carolina for a few days to visit Grandmother.  It is so pretty up there in the mountains. We plan to go back when the leaves begin to change colors.  I still feel fine, but do much better when I take a nap during the day.  I tire easily if I run a lot of errands.

We praise God for our growing family!  You own family is growing now as well!  I am thanking God today that He has blessed you with a child of your own.
Baby Whittinghill 12 weeks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You focus on weight a bit too much, Lori. That is not sending younger women a good message.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure who you are, but if you had any sort of idea whatsoever about the kind of mother and Christ-follower that Lori is then you wouldn't be so harsh. Take your negativity elsewhere, please.

Lori said...

Dear Friend -
I just saw your comment from a long time ago. I know I don't need to explain; however, during Kayla's pregnancy I was still recovering from anorexia which might explain the weigh concerns. I was told that I would never have children soon after marriage. GOD HEALED ME and blessed us with eight children! Thankfully, I have not weighed myself since Kayla's pregnancy and still do not know my weight - that's 23 years ago. We do not own a scale in my home. I do appreciate your concern and desire to encourage young girls against that bondage . . . it is powerful.