The meditations you are about to read in the next entries of this blog come out of a very long journey. At the forefront, hopefully to eliminate any confusion or controversy, I want to state that I believe salvation is a free gift from God that begins with repentance . . . man chooses, but God chose. I share the flip side of that coin, unveiling a peek into the other side of eternity, from my study in Ephesians because of the victorious impact it has had on my own personal life.
My first recollection of God was on a playground swing set. As I pumped my legs back and forth, I began to wonder about the Creator of my world. As I pondered my surroundings, my thoughts escaped to the next level . . . the sky, onto space, and then outside of that. I was drawn to life beyond myself and pondered the origin of it all. I believed that there had to be a God, but then the big question arose, “Who made God?” For many years after that, however, I doubted my salvation even though I believe the Lord had made Himself known to me as an eight-year-old little girl.
Having the blessing, and grace of God, to be raised in a Christian home, my parents were able to patiently answer my questions leading me to an understanding of the Gospel:
• No one made God—He has always been and always will be…He is eternal.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8
• All men are separated from God because of sin. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
• Almighty God desired to restore the relationship He had with man before man sinned; therefore, He had to make a way for man to be reconciled to God. This required a blood payment for man’s sin. Since no one was without sin, able to make the necessary sacrifice, God became flesh and dwelt among us in the person of Jesus Christ – a blameless, innocent man. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
• Jesus, God in the flesh, went to the cross to pay the price for sin and make a way for man to have a relationship with God. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
• I repented of my sins and received the gift of salvation by faith and followed Christ with all of my heart from that time. “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God; not a result of works, that no one should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Verse for the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment