Verse for the day

August 17, 2010

Abigail Week 9 - Thanksgiving

Mom’s Journal ~ Abigail, Week 9 Thanksgiving week: November 22-28, 1987
I am still experiencing morning (all day) sickness. Thanksgiving morning I woke up feeling awful. I got up for breakfast then went right back to bed. I guess I had a 24 hour virus because I couldn’t do anything but sleep. I don’t think this was pregnancy related.

Because I am a strong believer in tradition, Daddy went ahead and prepared the turkey dinner for us. He cooked all day – made turkey, dressing, corn, mashed potatoes . . . the works!  He even set the table with our fine china. I wasn’t able to eat much, but it meant so much to me that he went to so much trouble.

Week 9:  Abi, the size of your own little one is about 1 ¼ inches from the bottom to the head. Your baby is now beginning to move its arms and wrists but I don't think you will feel it yet.  All other organs are being perfected. The eyelids will stay closed until the 24th week.

“Thy hands fashioned and made me altogether.”
Job 10:8


Mom’s Journal ~ Abigail, Week 1-4


October, 1987

During the first four weeks of your life, we did not know we were pregnant. 
God knows the best time for us to have a child, and we would be excited whenever He chooses to give us one.  We left this matter in His hands.

During the 4th week, we began to suspect that God had given us the gift of a child.  We were in San Bernandino, California with NewSong.  We picked up a pregnancy test on the way to your daddy's 29th birthday celebration so we could take it first thing the following morning.

Saturday morning, October 31st, we woke up at 5:30 a.m. to take the test.  Within the next few minutes the test showed positive and we began to hear the pitter patter of your little feet.  YES ~ that was a very exciting morning!  We called our family to share the news.  I took another pregnancy test Sunday morning --- it was also positive.  Then to be really sure we weren't dreaming, I went ot the doctor Monday morning to confirm the results.  I was waiting outside the doctor's office, without an appointment, so that they could confirm our good news.  They did, and we have begun a new life looking forward to the birth of our first child . . . YOU!



1 comment:

Abi said...

Oh I love the look of your blog! How cute! I'm loving these entries - so fun!