Verse for the day

August 17, 2010

We Sing to You - Week 7 Expecting Abigail

Mom’s Journal ~ Abigail Week 7 November 8-14, 1987
I can’t believe I’m beginning the 7th week! This morning, Monday, I slept in until 9 a.m. which is very unusual for your mom. We are beginning to think of names for you – we are praying about that because we know that a name is very important and God has one picked out for you. We are trying to decide also how to decorate your nursery – this is such an exciting time for us!

Baby, have you been able to hear us sing to you each night? I can see how God must feel as He is in Heaven preparing a place for His children ~ He has named us . . . Righteous and Holy, and is longing for the time we will be in Heaven with Him.

I am beginning to feel sick – nauseated. It is more than morning sickness – it lasts most of the day. I don’t have any motivation to do anything except sleep and lay on the couch. I guess you require that in these early and very important weeks. We are praying that you will develop in the proper way, but we have also given you to the Lord. He knows what is best for your life and ours. I am anxious about our next doctor’s visit. We will get to see you on the sonogram again!

Week 7: Abi, your baby’s brain is sending out messages now to the other parts of the body. Slowly this communication will impact the muscles and nerves. Many new things are forming – the eyelids, arms, legs, and even the stomach. The baby is now about the size of a dime.

“For You did form my inward parts,
You knit me in my mother’s womb.”
Psalm 139:13

No comments: