½ cup butter
1/3-cup flour
1/3-cup onion
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 ¾ cup chicken or turkey broth
2/3-cup milk
2 cup cut up or shredded cooked chicken or turkey
1 10 oz. package frozen peas and carrots (I have learned I can put left over veggies in a Ziploc freezer bag and save until I need to use them in soup or pot pie)
- Heat butter until melted. Sauté onion until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute (it will thicken)
- Stir in chicken and vegetables
Celery Seed Pastry:
2 2/3 cup white flour1 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
¾ tsp. salt
4 sticks butter
1 tbs. celery seed
½ cup cold water
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Cube butter then cut into flour
- Add cold water until it comes together to form a ball
- Divide into 4 equal balls and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out into 4 piecrusts.
Place in Ziploc bag. Thaw when ready to use and place in pie plate
When ready to bake, brush egg on top of crustNOTE: This is a great piecrust recipe for other things, just omit the celery seed
I freeze the filling in a gallon Ziploc bag and the pastry in a separate bag. Bake 425 for 30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment